Thursday, June 27, 2013

Stepfather II (1989)

Check out the new STEPFATHER 2 page at SET-JETTER.COM










ORIGINAL BLOG:



Terry O'Quinn, a great script, and great direction made the original Stepfather (1987) a critical hit.    I'm surprised O'Quinn came back for the sequel, which at the time I thought was inferior to the original, but now it's a bit of a guilty pleasure and I like a lot of the things they did.   By the way, I'll soon be doing the original Stepfather locations, which shot up in Vancouver, keep a look out.   (And for those interested in the Stepfather remake, you can check those out at the link.)   But for now Stepfather II....

First up, a shot from the driving montage as Jerry seeks out his new home....




Screenshots....



Meg Foster's house.....




Screenshots...



Jerry's house across the street....





Screenshots...







A bit up the street is where they shot this photograph.....


Screenshots....




Some of Jerry's neighbors' houses....





Screenshots....





 The church used for the funeral exterior.....


Screenshot....


And the church used for the wedding....





Screenshots....




UPDATE November 2013:  While I knew the location for the asylum, I waited until I was staying at the Langham Huntington in Pasadena to photograph the location.  It's a beautiful hotel...




Screenshots....




UPDATE November 2013:  While attending the 35 Years Of Terror convention for Halloween, I had the great pleasure to meet Caroline Williams, easily one of my favorite guests at that event.   While there, I was able to get the Stepfather II script, which included all the call sheets with locations!   I had been looking for her character's house for a while with no luck, but thankfully the address was right there on the call sheet, in Burbank no less!   Here is  the house...




Screenshots.....





Evil-Lyn, Meg Foster.....




And the fantastic Caroline Williams....
(This was originally a photo failure as she accidentally had her eyes closed for the pic, but hopefully a little photoshopping makes it look okay!)


2 comments:

  1. Great pics. But do you have the actual address details for Jerry and Carol's house? I live in California and wanted to drive through there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Absolutely. I'm sorry I haven't moved this over to my new website at www.Set-Jetter.com yet. Their houses are at 6809 and 6800 Castle Peak Drive in the West Hills area. Other locations yo may be interested in is the motel was at 21603 Devonshire Street in Chatsworth; the church is at 14115 Magnolia Blvd in Sherman Oaks, and the institution is the Langham Huntington Hotel in Pasadena.

      Delete