Sunday, April 13, 2014

Silent Night, Deadly Night 5: The Toy Maker (1991)






Before last year, my familiarity with the Silent Night, Deadly Night series was only with the first two films.   After deciding to research and visit filming locations for Part 2, in particular the Garbage Day scene, I thought I should check out the whole series.



   The original was shot in Utah, the rest in Southern California, so here you go...

Silent Night Deadly Night

Silent Night, Deadly Night Part 2

Silent Night, Deadly Night Part 3: Better Watch Out

Silent Night, Deadly Night Part 4:Initiation

Silent Night, Deadly Night Part 5: The Toy Maker

The fifth entry is actually not bad of a film and carries some continuity to the previous sequel.   As fans know, this film features the late Mickey Rooney, who was also one of the celebrities who protested the first Silent Night, Deadly Night film.

First up, we'll start on the first shot which is on the corner of the made up street of "Jerome Avenue".... 






Screenshots from the opening scene and a few others later in the movie of the corner and street....






 

Of course, this leads to the house in the film.   I had some trouble figuring this out until I happened to find a copy of a call sheet online with the address.   If they were all this easy....




Screenshots....






The living room window...

Screenshot....

The boy's bedroom...

Screenshots...



Next, we'll go to the motel....


Screenshots....


And yes, I went up to the actual room he was in...
Screenshot...


Next up, we hit the mall which hasn't changed much....

Screenshots....


The mall escalators...



Screenshots...


A view from the upper level...



Screenshots....


And looking up at the second level...

Screenshots...



The address where the mother works is fictitious, but in actuality was at the Live Video building at the time...

Screenshots....


And finally the toy store, which I had a heck of a time finding.   I nearly gave up until I forgot one of my golden rules, "All roads lead to Burbank", which helped out it finally finding the last missing Halloween location.  Sure enough, I found it just a couple miles from where I usually stay, although technically I think they list it as Glendale.   Here is how the location looks today...






Screenshots....







The front door...


Screenshot....


For completeness sake, here is the storefront next to the toy store....


Screenshots....


And the parking area next to the toy store...

Screenshots....


No comments:

Post a Comment