Friday, July 18, 2014

Jason Goes To Hell: The Final Friday (1993)

For the most up to date locations for Jason Goes To Hell,
visit the link at set-jetter.com:





Like a lot of 80's kids, the Friday the 13th series was one of my favorite horror series, although it quickly had some seriously diminishing returns in later sequels.   Before I get too far, be sure to check out some of my location visits to other films in the series:
     Friday the 13th Part III
     Friday the 13th Part IV: The Final Chapter
     Friday the 13th Part V: A New Beginning
     Friday the 13th Part VII: The New Blood

When Jason Goes To Hell was released 13 years after the original, I thought it would be the perfect coda for the series.   Maybe expectations were too strong or wrong, but it didn't do much for me.  In retrospect, you have to give them kudos for trying to do something different.   I am working on some other locations for this film, but a friend said I should go ahead and post some pics of the Voorhees house location. There was a lot of construction going on at the house, so I suspect future visits might reveal a quite different looking home...







Screenshots....








Comparison shots...



UPDATE February 2015:  Thanks to Rusty Schwimmer for guiding me to the right area, I was able to track down Joey  B's Diner, which was not a diner at all but an abandoned car dealership at the time.  It is now an auto collision center, and while the inside has been completely gutted and renovated, the exterior is mostly the same...









Screenshots....








Comparison shots....









2 comments:

  1. Awesome, Rob !!
    Is this house somewhere in L.A. or Pasadena ?

    ReplyDelete