Monday, July 26, 2010

The Incredible Shrinking Woman (1981)


Check out the all-new filming locations entry for The Incredible Shrinking Woman at Set-Jetter.com!





UPDATE:  While we were by the prop department at Universal Studios yesterday, I couldn't help but notice the big grocery cart from the movie!   I had seen this prop 25 years ago while on the tour, but this time I got to see it up close...




One of Lily Tomlin's best movies, The Incredible Shrinking Woman, tells the incredible but true story of Pat Kramer....  For a previous post highlighting some of the movie's props, click here.

Here is the grocery store that is featured in several scenes, both at the beginning (hence the cheeze whiz) and the finale.  Not much has changed inside or out.  I tracked this down in the Eagle Rock area of Los Angeles....

Some screenshots....







The "institute" I just happened to fall upon when visiting it for another location in Pasadena...







Although many websites said that the Tasty Meadows neighborhood was also filmed in Eagle Rock, I could not find it anywhere.   I decided the houses looked a bit like the Brady Bunch house, so I thought I would search that area, and there it was!    The street is a very small circle, and each house is featured as Pat drives home....

Some screenshots....







And here is the Kramer home...

Galaxy Glue... Galaxy Glue... What would we do without Galaxy Glue??




2 comments:

  1. Is it true that "tasty meadows" was a spoof of the "Tustin Meadows" planned neighborhood in orange county?

    ReplyDelete