Sunday, June 29, 2014

Sharknado (2013)



Sharknado.... a flash-in-the-pan phenomenon that caught national awareness (Mia Farrow, really?).  It is truly not a good movie, but unfortunately not bad enough to be enjoyable.   Lots of staring off into the distance edited with CGI'd sharks and Los Angeles being destroyed.   They are all over Los Angeles, but there were a couple places near my route that I thought I'd check out while I was there.

First up is the "Van Nuys Airport" which is actually somewhere else, but here are some of the hangars...


Screenshots....


This hill in the background makes several appearances....




Screenshots...





 

The alley in the finale was instantly recognizable to me as it is just a couple blocks from where I usually stay...



Screenshots...


And the reverse shot, they actually did a decent job of CGI-ing a new background....
 
Screenshot....




2 comments:

  1. Nice shooting location for a movie action. You know what, when I am still in college we made a movie for completion of requirements. We made a romantic movie into a romantic place that my dad refers to us. 5401olympic.com has a very beautiful and relaxing place. I want that place to witness my future wedding day.. Just sharing I just amazes to the place.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Any one knows where this was shoot?
    http://bayimg.com/iAObCaaGa
    The top of it is of course CGI, the lower part I believe is often reused filming location in LA.

    ReplyDelete